If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



a little bit in love

with this guy:



Saw William Elliott Whitmore last night. It was a real late show and didn't end until quarter to two, but he is such a fantastic performer that everyone there would have been happy to keep going all night long. I've seen him a few times and this was maybe the best. Great energy. Hard to stomp on the sticky floor. People hootin and hollerin, really into it. He put away a lot of whiskey and a couple tallboys of PBR onstage and almost fell over when he stood up at the end. Still though, he's just a soulful guy and didn't have a single moment when he wasn't charming, talented, bared and true. He's got a new album out, with a bit of a backing band. Piano, organ... It has such a full sound and it really fits him. Listen to the track on this page. Seriously. Love him just a little bit.

I am a ridiculous fan.

Had a late night the night before last too; Abbey is moving to New York today and she had a big going away party. The barbecue got called on account of rain but we packed into her living room and ate pizza and drank wine and headed over to Rainbo club later on. It was interesting to be in that big group and realize how good Abbey is at connecting people. There were a lot of "we can't stop seeing each other when Abbey's gone" conversations, because everyone has gotten to know and like other friends at her parties and things. And she's good at reaching out at other peoples' friends too; she asked Ben to call Mike and invite him out because she likes him so much and wanted to say goodbye. Abbey has become a pretty good friend of mine, but is also entirely part of my Chicago world, and it is really sad to think that she won't be around to invite to a party or run into in the neighborhood or grab dinner with. I cried drunken tears on the walk home and thought about all the goodbyes I've had to say to close friends. Then I got home and sang a joyful song about my peanut butter toast with honey and cinnamon before passing out.

I guess I went out on Monday night too, just for a little bit. It was Poppy's birthday and after going grocery shopping and practicing guitar for the wedding, Ben and I geared up again and biked over to the Innertowner to wish her well. She was keeping herself busy smiling and falling on people but I thought by her many hugs and snuggly nature that she was glad we came.

It feels really good to be out in the neighborhood again. I feel like I missed the whole summer somehow, out of town a lot, working weekends, weird things going on. I don't think I've been to Rainbo since winter coat on top of the Qbert machine time. I've been going out with work folks, but not in my hood and I always tend to be the youngest. It was a little embarrassing but I was happy to be one of 5 short blonde mullet-tailed girls at the bar last night, comparing bikes with people, checking out creative haircuts and facial hair, being out late on a weeknight in the city, thinking lots of people are hot and interesting-looking, feeling that urge again to have a sweet tattoo that everyone would think is awesome.

Cue comments from family members telling me not to get a tattoo.

5 Comments:

At 8/31/2006 12:17 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

(speaking dramatically)
No Lindsay, you should not get a tatoo. They are icky!!

J/K
I think you should do whatever you want. It's your body, your decision. Who cares what others will think. I like to get a tatoo myself but too chicken to do so and I also have a feeling I would regret getting one after I do get one so it will probably never happen. So what kind of tatoo were you thinking of getting?

 
At 8/31/2006 6:14 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

Don't get a tatoo.

 
At 8/31/2006 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm, this is funny because I just just found a tattoo artist out here in Seattle who specializes in line work and after I saw some of his stuff I thought "This man could make those bars straight on Lindsay's arm!" and I think you should come out here and get one and I'll get one too and it will be awesome!

Dear Weinberg/Simon/Kinsey's
Please don't ban me from Easter just because I'm encouraging Lindsay to get a tattoo.

love,
Janna

 
At 9/02/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Chrissie said...

Lindsay, your skin is so beautiful...why mess with perfection?
As you imagine yourself "down the road a piece", would you rather regret not getting one, or regret getting one that you have outgrown and now can't get rid of?

 
At 9/03/2006 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn hipsters & their tattoos.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home