If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



keeping busy, in no particular order

-Julia visited; we biked all over the city, had Hot Doug's, saw Paul Green Rock School kids play at Millennium Park, ate gelato, ate eggplant parmesean that Ben made, watched Margot at the Wedding, breakfasted at Vella. Great sisterly times.

-Since my last post I've played 6 kids birthday parties, 2 Millennium Park Family Stage WW shows, 2 gigs with Baba Mnouche at the Art Institute and McCormick Place, and 1 gig with Come Sundy at the Green Mill (photos!).

-Tom and his banjo came along on the last day of WW class. So, so great. The kids loved it, I loved it, the energy in the room was incredibly happy. I saw little Alexander's mom a few days later and she was desperately seeking a cheap used banjo as he has been obsessed ever since.

-Picked up Finn for the last time; have to quit with the new job changes. Dropped off the carseat and keys at his dad's, along with a burned copy of every TMBG song in my posession for Finn.

-Brunches: Cozy Corner with Meredith, Mado with Ben. Lounging in Wicker Park near the farmer's market following each.

-Read "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell, at Janna's recommendation. Complicated. Multiple storylines. Liked it.

-Tomoko's Tuesday noon yoga class is still kicking my ass and I still love it. Meara came once and we lunched at Milk & Honey afterwards. Yummy!

-Dinner with Meredith and Ben, at Maiz, at Irazu. Handlebar drinks afterwards, joined by Molly and Jim.

-Got Meredith's bike fixed together. Biking with Meredith! Lunch at Cipollina.

-Penny's to go, brought downtown via bike with Ben to see An Affair To Remember outside in Grant Park.

-Internaional Bike Film Festival closing night shorts, followed by weird loft party.

-Coffee with the long-lost Emily at Lovely.

-Grilled cheese and too many beers with Erica at the Roscoe Village Tap, joined by Ben and Leah.

-Tornado in Chicago, while trapped inside Cleo's with Ryan Hagn over wings.

-Finish-the-keg-from-the-fundraiser party at Jeremy's. Vote for Jeremy!

-Trip to the vet with Adeline after finding a crawly worm in her puke. Ewwwwwwwww. She was super good and is now up to date on her shots and on her way to being roundworm-free. She has literally been sleeping since we got back yesterday afternoon; didn't get up for breakfast till noon today, and went back upstairs to sleep in the clothes in the laundry basket.

-Drive to a music store in the suburbs, followed by filling up with cheap gas and a corned beef sandwich on rye. Yes, Skokie.

-Missed being a part of this, quite sadly, but hey you can watch it on the internet. These are my relatives.

-Wrote a song on the piano for the first time.

-Met M, a flautist, pianist, and old friend of Taavo's at Lovely.

-Watched Walk Hard at the OTS movie night in the concert hall. Brought hot-out-the-oven peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. Let's duet...

-Watched some Olympics; mostly got teased by Ben for not liking the Olympics enough. Did not tease him back for his intense love of both the Olympics and of Canada's national anthem.

-Saw Ben do his first (mini) triathlon. Got shin splints myself, running from a mile away where I had to park but still missed the start. Ben did great; finished 263rd out of 742. Downed a breakfast at Ann Sather's afterward. The next day he videoed the big triathlon downtown; it was his first video piece for Chicagoist.

-Today's gorgeous and I have to get outside.

1 Comments:

At 8/30/2008 11:52 PM, Blogger Julia Weinberg said...

Really Ben? The canadian national anthem? You're right Lindsay...we don't poke fun at Ben enough.

By the way the eggplant parmesan was divine. Reading this post made my mouth water.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home