If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



rainy wednesday

My bangs are now long enough to accidentally go into my mouth while I am eating. But they are not quite long enough to go behind my ear. This is kind of gross. I need to make sure to keep a bobby pin in my pocket at all times. Miki's pasta with meat sauce is nowhere near as delicious as usual when the occasional bite includes a bunch of poky ends of hair.

Since I last posted, Ben went to New York and came back. So you pretty much know exactly what happened. I made myself breakfasts (on my new vintage waffle iron!), moped a little bit, hung out with the cat, visited lady friends, didn't eat enough. But now he's back. Yay!

I also got a new cell phone, saw Nina Simone's daughter play at the OTS, made peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and spent lots of money on dinner and brews with Meara. I also spent lots of money on lunch with Meredith and Molly, and again on lunch with Andrea.

I never posted about Ben's rock show. He is taking a class at OTS called the "Proto Punk Ensemble," which means he is the drummer in a big band made mostly of guitar players that learns to play old songs by the Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, etc. They had their graduation performance right before Ben left for New York, and it was an awesome show.



More photos here. As Ben said, now he doesn't have to say "I'm learning to play the drums" anymore. He can just say, "I'm a drummer." Sweet.

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2008 1:50 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

I read your post and thought to myself, "when did Lindsay get a moped?" Isn't the English language a hoot sometimes!?

 
At 5/08/2008 9:42 PM, Blogger Joannie said...

Silly Chrissie, that would have been mopeded. Don't you remember past tenses? I know that you have them on your mind, though. Funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home