If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Stuff to blog about

I've looked all over the internet, and it seems like nobody else has noticed that Wolcott by Vampire Weekend is the same song as August by Rilo Kiley, mixed with the chorus of Spectacular Views. Finding these things is my secret talent. Seriously, Rilo Kiley could sue. Except I kind of hope they don't because I'm digging Vampire Weekend lately.

Graduation Tuesday night was keggeriffic once again. Everyone drank and played and sang and danced and had awesome fun.

Julie B had a birthday get together at Black Rock, which is a pretty good bar that had Summit Oatmeal Stout on special. Yay Julie B! Yay new bars!

Ben's quote of the week: "How hard is it to put on your turn signal?? Answer: Not hard at all." Chicago: please take note. Especially cops. Just use your goddamn turn signals. The number one reason I distrust police officers in Chicago is their selfish, shitty, blatantly law-ignoring driving. I almost got hit this week by a cop car rolling through a stop sign at Greenview and Blackhawk. It was the same car that had cut me off moments earlier at Ashland and North.

Finn's quote of the week, when I asked what his dad's new girlfriend was like: "Her voice...... always sounds like she's kind of confuuuuuuuuused." Finn has been pretty hilarious lately. Apart from a major slipup in school (punched a kid on Valentine's Day) his day-to-day behavior has been much better, and we've been getting along swimmingly, finding lots of new TMBG songs for him to enjoy. Finn also said the new GF was "really nice," that her hair was "a little bit darker than yours, but her face isn't as round," and that it "kind of wiggle-waggles to one side, like it looks like she has more hair on one side of her head than the other."

Adeline cute report: Ben stayed home sick on Tuesday, and Adeline literally did not leave his side. After breakfast she went back upstairs to hang out in bed with him, coming downstairs only with him for bathroom and tea breaks, joining him on the couch, following him back up when he went back to bad. Ben went back to work the next day. He had a caring nurse.

OhMyGodAdelineIsSoCuteAndGreat.

Plantars warts are no match for apple cider vinegar.

Neal had a birthday party last weekend which was a good time, after a long day of birthday parties and cardio jazzing.

Feed brunch is definitely one of the best in town.

Saw Contraption at the Neo-Futurists last night. Neo-Futurists + Taste of Lebanon
= yes yes yes.

One day I will read and own every issue of McSweeneys. (See previous post) I currently own: none.

Tonight I'm going to see a band I might collaborate with at the Hideout. And then Sunday is Ben's birthday. Lookin forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home