If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Drinking, Meat

I hate it when I get busy and then feel like having to blog it out feels like an obligation. But I don't want to forget about stuff.

Labor Day: Worked my first birthday party, for some one year old twins. Kind of crazy. Out of control a little. They basically wanted me to be the CD playing as the guests arrived, rather than lead an actual class. Whatever, still pretty fun, happy way to make money. Went to grocery store to buy grillables, chocolate chip cookie ingredients, 6 avocados for guac. Threw great 10 hour long party. Was hostess with mostess. Wore hot fall outfit with boots and miniskirt. Many people came over during the course of the day. Did not rain till huddled under tarp at the very end of the night with Jason and Julie B. Drank booze. Ate meat.

Started new session of classes next day. Was a little worse for the wear that morning after all the meat, but still had fun and am excited. Have triplets in one class.

Had towing hearing. Liable for charges. Judge told me it would "behoove me to read posted signs."

Had lunch two times at "Cafe Emily," AKA Emily's new apartment around the corner from work. As she is currently unemployed and eager to show of her single girl pad she has asked us to come over to her house for lunch, where she whips up delicious beautiful food and we laugh and she makes the day better. Love her tons and tons.

Went shopping with Julie B at H&M, bought nothing. Went shopping more by myself. Ate at Sultans with Ben, thought he had gotten run over by a car when he was late after I thought I had seen him on his way. Was relieved and grateful. Eventually bought nifty red dress at Urban Outfitters for wedding.

Practiced, practiced, practiced.

Lucas and Delaney and Baby Owen and Morgan came to stay at our house. Ordered in from Taco Veloz with Taavo and Ben and sat outside eating taco taco burritos. Played with Baby Owen. He is a baby. He is also a brand new person that came from Lucas and Delaney together. They are a happy family. Biked to Handlebar with Ben and Morgan to meet up with Janna, Dan, Taavo and Meredith. Hugs, beers, fries. Came home and tried not to step on sleeping baby family.

AWESOME to see everyone.

Packed. Drove to Indiana with Janna and Brandon in the car. Cramped, yet fun and silly car time. Did not run out of gas. Ate buffalo burger at little restaurant.

Did not kill Ben / was not killed by Ben in the setting up of tent.

Everyone started working. The wedding was a fun hippy wedding in the woods, but involved a lot of work by everyone to put it on. I helped Janna with flowers, though on the first day once she was finally set with what she needed to start, she was stung by a bee, and as she is allergic, we left immediately for town to get Benadryl. We got a little lost on the way back and it was dark when we returned. We passed bottles around the campfire and ate brats, beans, corn, and marshmallows. Fun reminiscing, a ton of folks from Macalester, guitar singing, good times.

Saturday woke up, made egg sandwiches on campfire, worked. I helped Janna with flowers all day, other people were decorating, setting up tables, preparing greens and food, all kinds of things. There was a lot to do. Everything got ready in time, it didn't rain, the wedding was beautiful. I played guitar and sang three songs in the ceremony. Marc and Kendra got married to each other in a big open area with a dromenon/labyrinth on the ground. They looked pretty and happy. It was neat. After the ceremony Ben and Taavo and Dan and Alex and another guy started their grilling duty; Ben was in charge of grilling the meat. He had made a gallon of barbecue sauce at home, like a giant vat of homemade barbecue sauce, and a homemade rub for the chickens. There were many chickens and steaks to be cooked. The boys cooked em good, and I swear to you this was the BEST MEAT I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE. Particularly the steak. I don't even like beef very much usually or want to eat it but

THIS STEAK

WAS

UNBELIEVABLE TO EAT.

They got it all from a great farmer they knew, all free range, well fed, killed three days before, never frozen, healthy, AMAZING. The other food was great too, prepared by a nutty but skilled raw food chef, crazy sundried tomato coated nuts and sunflower pate in cucumbers and sundried tomato pate on fresh basil leaves and other GREAT yummies. I hung around with Meredith by the grill. We felt like grill wenches. The priestess who had officiated the ceremony and who owned the land came over and insisted that the grill boys take off their shirts under their aprons. They all did, and we all objectified them. None of us really ever sat down to eat but there was lots of fun and eating bit by juicy bit. More drinking, more meat. Macalester picture: KendraMarcDioLucasDelaneyMorganBrandonJannaDanLindsayPoppyJeremyEricJennyAnnaliseCarrie... maybe more people I'm forgetting. Champagne toasts. Cake - I cut and served it. Slideshow. Dancing dancing. Ben is a wedding dancing machine. Taavo dancing in apron only closed out the night. Campfire, enormous hollow log fire. Hot times, jillions of fun.

Sunday, woke up after sleeping terribly, ate eggs bacon coffee fruit at a little screened in porch area. Packed up, hung around, headed out. Slept partway home. Lunch at Quiznos. Packers game. Destroyed by Bears. Went to see Kevin's play at the Chopin theater, did crossword, went to sleep early.

Monday more new classes. Rainy rainy day. Lots of hanging around killing time for the rest of the day. Dinner at Potbelly's, groceries at TJs. Still reeling from the drinking and meat.

Tuesdaytoday, classes, rainy day again. Kevin's birthday, took him a present, ate soup and hung around playing guitars with him and his friend. Worked. Blahzee blahzee day.

Kendra, Marc and Dio are coming over tonight for some kind of computer deal with Ben, and they said they'd bring some leftover beer and meat!

Just what I need.

3 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 9:39 AM, Blogger betsyjane said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. So glad you are living every minute of every day!!!

Do you ever just BLOB???

 
At 9/13/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

All of Sunday except for 2 hours at a play two blocks from our house. This was also blobbing.

All of Monday after my classes ended at noon.

Tuesday at Kevin's between work and work.

The past three hours.

I just don't blog about things like how on Monday night I spent embarrassing hours glued to a shitty trashy internet TV show. My blob time is internet time. Thus work sometimes counts as blob time and when it's over I really want to do stuff. Plus this weekend was crazy with all the folks in town and the wedding.

Love you!

 
At 9/13/2006 10:19 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

Got meat?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home