If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Saved drafts are the death of this blog

I started writing that long post last Thursday, and then didn't have time to finish, and saved the draft, and now another whole long weekend of stuff has happened. Everyone's trying to cram all the fun possible into the end of this summer and there's just no time to write about it.

Friday: Finnsat all day, rode many busses, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, Millennium Park, exhaustion of entertaining a 5 year old for 10 hours. Evening perked up over a margarita and Mexican dinner with Ben, and some Arrested Development.

Saturday: Brunch at Cozy Corner. Groceries. Oil change. 3 hours at Treehouse Animal Foundation playing with kittens.

Oh yes, we're going to get some kittens. Or maybe a three legged cat.

Picnic at Montrose Beach, with crackers, cheese, olives, marinated mushrooms, fresh tomato, chocolate and Fat Tire. All romantic on a gorgeous summer night. Jump started a dude's car. Arrested Development.

Sunday: Played the kids stage at Millennium Park for the last time. Bought new shirts at Old Navy. (Take note: spending money is going out of style.) Cleaned the house. Were visited by the Konieszcka family, in town to take Gina to DePaul. This is the family of Ben's best friend from high school. We grilled brats and hung out in our backyard. I played at Dukes, in a weird setup without a bass player.

Monday: Labor Day. Brunch at Meli. (Banana pecan waffles are amazing.) It was a summer holiday, so of course our grill was fired up and friends were chilling in our back yard all afternoon and evening into the night. It was a huge success, especially for a rather last minute decision. No pig shoulders but a lot of sausages and beers. Meredith, Marjorie, Jess, Lauren, Margaret, Pete, Laura, Mike, Christos, George, Jessica, Saud, Megan, Poppy. A hodge-podge group of good-timers. We had the candles and torches lit which provided pleasant ambiance but not enough light to stop me from stepping on a pint glass and getting a piece of it through my shoe just far enough poke into the side of my foot. Nothing major, just a little sting.

FYI: Chicago's Pizza DOES deliver at midnight on Labor Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home