If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



courage, hope, rum

As my days at the desk draw to a close, I sit at work and obsessively check the number of students enrolled in my classes. And it is becoming clear that the piano classes that were added late, which I said I'd teach and which were the reason I quit my job at the desk, do not have enough kids enrolled to run. Perhaps kids will sign up at the last minute, but it's looking like they'll probably be canceled. I don't think I can get the desk job back, and I freaked out just a little, but I decided I'm going to stick with the plan. If I'm going to be a teacher and a performer, then that's what I'm going to do. If I have less classes, maybe I'll see if I can start teaching some private lessons, or do more self-promotion and get more gigs and parties. I had basically every hour of my life scheduled before; now it's opening up wide and who knows what will fill it.

Watched Obama's speech last night. He is amazing. This is all so amazing. I try to be a fairly optimistic, hopeful person, but when I watch him speak I realize that I have been cynical and reluctant to have any hope for the kind of change he is trying to bring. The invitation to hope is terribly emotional. Also exciting.

Went to this bar downtown called Angels and Kings on Wednesday night with Erica. She just started an internship with Venns Magazine and this was their issue release party It was very hip and there were free rum drinks and free purses of swag and some rockin' bands and live band karaoke at the end. Ben and Christos came too, and we all blew out our eardrums and had too much rum for a Wednesday. I sang Heartbreaker and Erica busted out 4 Non-Blondes and we biked home all happy. I am getting awesome at biking with no hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home