If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



sunshine, biking, singing, beer and greasy food

If those aren't reasons for Jana to move to Chicago then I don't know what's gonna convince her. She's thinking of coming here for law school and I hope she comes because she is awesome! She stayed with us on Saturday night and we had so much fun. We went to Taco Veloz, did some window shopping, made frozen molasses cookies, had a pitcher and pizza at Santullos, and then rocked the house at Piece where there was live band karaoke. Jana, who has been a karaoke host in Minneapolis for a few years, was one of the first people to get up and sing. She timidly started by saying "I've never done this before!" referring to the live band, and then proceeded to BLOW EVERYONE'S MINDS with an out-of-control version of "Heartbreaker." It was amazing and she made instant friends with the host, the bass player, and several audience members.

Amazing. I followed with a slightly sexually subversive version of Billy Joel's "You May Be Right," which at least one guy told me was his favorite of the night. We tried to go to this other karaoke bar but it sucked so much that we came back to Piece, where Ben met up with us and where Jana was able to close down the night with a spot-on version of "Me and Bobby McGee." Nachos at home before we crashed for the night. Woke up in the morning and it was sunny in the 70s, and we waited in the glorious sunshine before having bloody marys and brunch at Flo. Jana is great; since we graduated from college the two of us have grown in similar directions in many ways. This makes for fun, fun times.

Sunday night I had a show with Baba Mnouche. The show itself was really great. I wore my new dress from London and we had a much better handle on all of our songs. Finn's mom stopped by which was pretty cool. We rehearsed for two full hours right before the gig, which was hard enough after spending the previous night shouting in a smoky bar. I'm having a bit of a hard time finding the balance of how involved everyone wants to be in this band. I have a lot of fun with it but I don't know if I'm ready to make it my whole world in the way some of them seem ready to do. I also simply don't have time. On the other hand, I have a ball performing and people really love us. We got asked to come back for three more Sundays in April. Hopefully my friends from the school will be able to make it out one of those times; it would be nice to have a fan under the age of 40. Not including Ben, my biggest fan.

1 Comments:

At 3/28/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

Hey!! What's wrong with being 40?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home