If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



The high today is zero

It's 10am and already there are dudes wearing little more than a Bears jersey lined up outside the bar down the street, waiting for it to open at 11.

It's exciting to be in Chicago with the Bears in the Superbowl. I know a lot of people who are lifelong Bears fans, and I'm excited for them. I'm excited for Chicago. I don't think I'll ever be able to say I'm a Bears fan, or I'll surely be struck by a bolt of lightning and become instantly allergic to cheese and never able to eat it again. But it's a fun time to be a Chicagoan.

Even though it's freakin' cold!! But I'll take the cold over gloomy rain winter any day.

I've been busy lately, rehearsing for lots of exciting gigs. Kids 3rd birthday party yesterday. 70th birthday tribute with Michael today. Rehearsal tomorrow for upcoming Valentine's day Baba Man0uche gig at Dukes. Tuesday recording some songs for a Scholastic books project, books with a CD version of the story set to music. Recording another song for Larry who wrote the Stroger song next week. Two of these gigs I got through Jenna, my pimp who runs referrals at work, one through friends of Michael, one through a WW teacher who recommended me, one through a private student of Andrea's. I am fortunate and excited, and it is definitely becoming one of the greatest things about working where I do. Along with the friendships I've made with staff and students, the pure fun of teaching, and the environment of music lovers and eager learners, I am getting all kinds of exciting opportunities to perform professionally! It is so great to be part of the network that is the school.

Not a lot else going on lately. Saw the Queen at the swanky movie theater in Evanston. Good movie!! I think most of my blog readers would like it, and I recommend it to you. Watched Heroes on TV. Got out the electric blanket. Made molasses cookies. Made PB cookies for the Superbowl party today. I'm going to Jenna's house with lots of other front deskies and awesome people. I'm looking forward to it!

But now I have to keep hydrating and try to warm up so I can wish Dick a happy 70th birthday! I've never met the guy but I wrote a tribute song to the tune of It Had To Be You with details about him provided by his kids. We're also doing Pick Yourself Up, Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen, Sweet Home Chicago, and of course Happy Birthday. I bought some new heels for the occasion. They are classy.

It's a chilly day for a dress, I have to admit. Right now I'm wearing boots over my stockings and two sweaters. Brrr.

2 Comments:

At 2/04/2007 12:15 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

I'm happy to hear that your pimp is keeping you busy and that you are staying warm and stylish in your new heals.

I need a song for pat's 50th!!! How much do you charge???

Love you!!
B

 
At 2/05/2007 7:07 AM, Blogger Joannie said...

Boots, stockings, and 2 sweaters......is that it?! Aren't the lower extremities a bit icy? I would suggest something to cover that cute bottom! But that's just me, your mom, from conservative Wauwatosa. I bet 70 year old Dick got a kick out of your outfit! BRRRRRRRRRRRR! No schools for Wauwatosa or me today! Back to bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home