If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



10:30am feels like noon and 7am

My schedule is all thrown off. I haven't been getting enough sleep, and this morning I woke up at 6am to drive from Milwaukee to Chicago in time to open the school at 8:30.

I was in Wisconsin for two reasons. #1: It was Ben's birthday on Friday. His parents took us out to this great restaurant called Crazy Water. Good food, good times. #2: Jesse's senior voice recital was on Saturday. It was incredible. Half classical, half jazz, all very entertaining, all awesome. Closed with Lucretia MacEvil by Blood Sweat & Tears, with a full horn section. So exciting. My parents threw a big reception with a flowing chocolate fountain, and afterwards took a big group of family and friends out to Frank's Pizza Palace for fun, fun times.

Driving back this morning was beautiful. Big bright sun, no traffic, good tunes.

Baba M@nouche gig tonight. I really want to do an awesome job after hearing Jesse yesterday. It's too bad I have to work for nine hours beforehand. I'm thinking of taking a slightly longer break during the afternoon to run home and take a shower and change. Not a lot of time between closing up this joint and heading all the way up north to Duke's. Gotta get swanked up.

1 Comments:

At 3/04/2007 1:20 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

I'm sure you'll be great!! Wish I could see you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home