If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



I am totally on metromix

http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/events/festivals/summer/34845,0,4160918.event?coll=mmx-home_top_hedsh2o

Yeah dudes! Just got home from Celtic Fest Chicago. Show went well; I played a lot of regular kids stuff and then threw in Coulter's Candy and Leezie Lindsay and Loch Lomond. Jenny and Jeremy from Macalester showed up, and we sat in the shade eating fish and chips and watching some little kids playing fiddles and bodhrans and flutes. When fall rolls around and Minnesota calls, bagpipes are soothing to the soul. I left with a few less business cards than I went with, which was good, but also a throbbing scalp, a rudolph nose, and a strange patch on the front left side of my neck and collarbone. Last year the performer's area was in the shade. And though it's cooler out, standing in direct September sun from 12:30-2:30 is enough to do my poor skin in.

Last night was a fun gig at the Hidden Cove. Towards the end, a lot of kids on bikes showed up for the karaoke which was to start after our set. I remembered how much I like playing for crowds of happy good-mood people, surprise surprise. I was especially happy to see them after two giant free mugs of beer for dinner. Ben took me to the Golden Nugget for a more substantial dinner of biscuits and gravy. I like diners.

Off to put aloe on my skin. Stupid weak germanic-celtic skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home