If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



taking a solo

It's day two of living single... Ben has embarked upon another world adventure. He just called me from LaGuardia; in a few hours he'll be flying to Israel, for free, with these guys. I'm jealous but it's an awesome opportunity and I'm excited for him too. But I'm not happy about being home alone again for two weeks. Luckily Adeline is keeping me company. I just made a yummy breakfast: mushroom onion pepperjack omelet with toast and some sauteed little tomatoes and half a grapefruit and coffee. I am determined to eat well while Ben is gone, to prove that I can in fact feed myself.

Friday night Ben and I got dinner at Bite and then went to see this show our friend Margaret helped write at Second City, which was pretty cool. Woke up early the next morning to see him off, played a bday party, went to my Cardio Jazz class (dancing myself into shape), grocery shopped, made guacamole (although I didn't remember then that guac/beer dinner is par for the course), went to a party at Jeremy's, lost myself rocking out to Queen. Today's the Hootenanny, which is sold out. I have to get my jammies together, tune up my geetar and get Cheeser looking his best. I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll feel better once I see the kids. That's my style.

It's damn cold. The heater is blasting and blasting but our thermostat can never reach the temperature it's set to. Yesterday for much of the day the temperature outside was: a degree.

Ten images from yesterday, 1/19/08

1. 2-year-old birthday girl dragging her little blue folding table over for pizza
2. Hot dancers in Jeremy's living room lit by a blue disco ball, muted He-Man on TV and YouTubed Thriller video.
3. Backpacked Ben
4. The sign for Sunflower Market ahead on Clybourn
5. Kevin, arms up for a hug/pose, at the front desk
6. Xaviera's slick slide/stomp move
7. Half-skirted bad-toothed gamers at the party
8. Embroidered hippie shirt on a long-haired girl
9. Adeline curled up by my face in the middle of the night
10. View down into the vent of the space heater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home