If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



I'm still here

Work and spending time with people have taken priority over blogging.

I'm stressed out in the back of my brain all the time. I think this stuff with my grandpa and my family is taking a toll. I've chipped two teeth, which unfortunately appears to be a new stress outlet. But other than that stress, life is great. Grandpa, incidentally, is frustrated by his situation but is physically recouperating quite well. His rehab docs are very impressed with his progress. Grandma was in the hospital too, for a bowel obstruction. They are finally both out and in a nursing home rehab-type facility. My relatives have been working hard, spending lots and lots of time and days and nights at the hospital with them. They couldn't come to Thanksgiving, and we're all trying to figure out what is going to happen when it's time for them to "go home," since Grandpa isn't really going to be able to care for the two of them in their house anymore. We are blessed with a big, strong, close family, but this is still a pretty stressful time.

Thanksgiving was 100% great. I had Thursday's meal with Ben's family and Friday with mine. Great food all around. I made 4 pies and a cobbler. (2 pumpkin mascarpone, 2 apple cherry streusel, 1 Door County cherry.) At my house we were all a little sad that Grandma and Grandpa weren't there, but everyone was so glad to be together and feeling festive that we got along better than ever and had a really nice time. It was one of the best Thanksgivings I can remember. Being home was rejuvenating. Visiting Grandma and Grandpa in the hospital was good.

We missed Adeline while we were gone. She's still great. We are in love with her. I'm trying not to turn into a crazy cat lady but we've only had her for a month and I still think she is, as they say, the cat's meow. You are welcome to come and play with her any time. She loves to play with her sparkly balls and fleece cat charmer toy. Also, paper bags and towels on the floor. She loves to hang out and watch everything we do. She likes to snuggle up with us at night, occasionally interrupted by polite requests to wake up and play with the toys she has brought onto the bed.

Ben and I had a great anniversary way back when. We dressed up fancy, and since it was an unseasonably warm night, biked from restaurant to restaurant. We went to Mirai for a cocktail and sushi appetizer, then to Green Zebra for classy vegetarian entrees, desserts at Hot Chocolate and a nightcap at the Charleston. We're all happy together.

I've been working a lot which is good for my pocketbook. I did two parties the weekend before Turkeyday, and got my biggest tip ever! It involved multiple twenty dollar bills.

I've been asked to join the group piano faculty at work. I'm very excited to be heading in the direction of more teaching. Hooray!

Our hit single came out on the internets! Check it out:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y8WJHK/ref=dm_dp_adp27/102-8834769-3274544

Thus ends the reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home