If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Adeline update

Her name is Adeline. Sweet Adeliiiiiiiiiinnnne... After the Elliott Smith song on XO.



She is a sweeeeeeeetie. I love her. She loves cat toys, and her cat bed, and scratching post, and sitting in the window; she's like a cat in a children's book. She meows a lot. She will go upstairs and meow for us to come up and play with her in "her room." Or meow at the cat charmer toy when we are not holding the wand and bouncing it, like, "Heyyy! Move arounnd! Be fun like you were before!!" She likes to hang out with us and follow us around the house. She's not much of an eater but she gets excited when it's food time. She loves to watch TV, especially baseball because she can follow the ball. She really, really loves to chase her sparkly ball toys. Especially in the middle of the night. She's real good at finding the balance between batting them all over the place and keeping them under control. But her most favorite game is played on top of our bed at 5am every morning and it is called CHASEMYTAILCHASEMYTAILCHASEMYTAIL. It's a little bit cute.

She's kind of dumb. But in a good way.

Apart from dangling fun things to bat at, I've been pretty busy. Last week involved a lot of late nights and a lot of drinking, so I'm trying to slow it down a little bit this week. It was graduation week, so I had my guitar class graduation on Monday and the Tuesday crew of course went out on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday I got a beer with my friend Robin from grade school who was in town for work. Thursday I was good and stayed in. Friday Ben, Molly and I went out for sushi, to see Kevin's play, to the Red Lion and the California Clipper. Saturday Ben and I slept late and then drove around going to multiple Home Depots and hardware stores to get stuff to make a scratching post for the kitty. Home Depot blows. It's too big to find anything, they never have what we need, and they put smaller nicer stores out of business. Luckily our day was saved by the best barbeque I've ever had at Smoque with Ben and Jess, followed by a beer at the Charleston, an excellent smoke-free cozy bar not far from home. Sunday morning was the Sp00ky Singalong, so I donned my Hungry Caterpillar outfit once again and played some fun Halloween songs for costumed kids. It was so much fun. Lots of kids from my classes were there this year, and we were all excited to see each other in our outfits. Happy times. We made the scratching post in the afternoon and then Ben and I went to his coworker's wedding at the U of C that evening; it was a real good time. Good food, good drink, good dancing, good company.

On Monday night Ben and I went to Soupbox for dinner, and we went to the one downtown so parking was a real challenge. We saw someone at the end of the block getting ready to leave, so we pulled in front of them to back into the spot after they left. But before we could do so, some other car zipped in from behind. Ben waved outside the door right away, before their car was all the way in, to say that it was our spot. But this lady, on her cell phone, acknowledged him and refused to give up the spot. She wouldn't get off the phone, and Ben got out and said, "Hey, this is our spot," and she was like, "Sorry, I'm late for class." And she took the spot. She wouldn't move, and Ben was just standing there next to her car, while she got her books together and kept talking on her phone and walkled away. It was infuriating. She was a total bitch. Ben said, "Well, you're gonna be a great lawyer!" We were both so mad. But what could we do? Punch her? Key her car? Yell in the street? As someone who does not do bitchy things like flat-out steal someone else's parking spot, I was flabbergasted. And frustrated. Hasn't she seen that commercial where everyone sees someone else doing a good deed, and it makes the world a better place?

Good thing I had a kitty to come home and play with.

4 Comments:

At 10/31/2007 9:48 PM, Blogger Joannie said...

Aunt Addie will be so pleased! (yep, that's her name! Of Irv and Addie fame) I love the name. And I look forward to playing with her next Friday.

 
At 11/05/2007 12:52 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

She will definitely have to meet Comet. He looks just like her except he has a pink nose and black chin. I think there must be something about black and white cats, though..."dumb, in good way", as you so aptly put it. Congrats of being a cat owner!! They are so much fun!

 
At 11/05/2007 10:30 PM, Blogger DebbieJeanLimon said...

Concerning your parking princess,

Ronnie always says (especially to the Simon girls):

"Why do you keep looking for a reason? You don't need a REASON to be an asshole. You can just be one"

He's so poetic.

 
At 11/06/2007 9:55 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Hey Lindsay, your co-worker Rebecca here.
Cute kitty. Now hows bout some LOLCAT pictures of her? :)
( http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/11/04/konushiwah/ )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home