If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Fattening up for the winter

My appetite is insatiable! Since the weather has begun to change I am never too full to stop eating. Everything is delicious. I was worried for about a minute that I might be pregnant, but no, I'm just eating for one. One hungry girl.

I think my appetite is also a product of our trip to Seattle, which was amazing. When I'm on vacation, I just eat whatever I want. And for the most part I spend whatever I want. But I've been back for several days now and am still eager to trade my dollars for cookies, snacks and coffee. The coffee is the real tricky one; I justified that in Seattle I was allowed to drink coffee whenever I wanted, since it was Seattle. The city is a comical stereotype of itself in some ways: every other building really is a coffee shop. Full of grungy hipsters. With long shaggy hair. Wearing skullcaps and scarves. Over their big comfy cardigans. The update to the grunge scene of course is the skinniest pants you've ever seen beneath the oversized sweaters. And the truly amazing thing is that every single one of these coffee shops is thriving.

When we weren't drinking coffee in Seattle, we were catching up with friends, eating great food, watching free live opera at the public library, having Wigglworms class with Owen and the other babies Delaney nannies, getting lost on our late-night drive to a rented cabin with friends, drinking boozes, or hiking on snowy Mt. Ranier. It was so much fun. You can see our photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/benchandler/Seattle07

Sorry not to blog sooner everyone (Isabel). I've been working A LOT to make up for the shifts I missed on the trip. And when I finally had a day off, Ben and I painted our kitchen all day. It's lovely. We love our little house. And we are excited to share it with the cat we're adopting TOMORROW.

I thought it would be a good idea to paint the kitchen before we got our new cat. Ben said, "Yeah, definitely. We don't want our cat to think we have an ugly kitchen."

3 Comments:

At 10/24/2007 3:50 AM, Blogger Isabel said...

:)
thank you.

xo

 
At 10/24/2007 8:57 AM, Blogger j said...

new kitty? painted kitchen? one of these weekends when i'm not up to my ears in studying i may have to pay your little house a visit.

 
At 10/29/2007 7:48 AM, Blogger Joannie said...

That is one CUTE kitty! Can't wait to meet ___________! (fill in the blank.) Oh, one other thing, is it just the picture, or does she have whiskers on her right side, too?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home