If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



dork

Lately I have been getting back into one of my old favorite pastimes. It is really, really dorky.

I've been making a lot of origami.

I told you it was really dorky. I was way into origami when I was in grade school, thanks in part to a Japanese woman at our church. Anyway, it turns out that I still dig it.

It's no surprise, really. I am a big fan of all kinds of things where you follow the directions and see what you come up with in the end. Baking, assembling toys, using technology, riding bike paths, even solving crossword puzzles all follow this philosophy.

This reminds me of another one of my favorite things: a collection of someone's recommended items. I love to enjoy the product of other people's tastes. Mix CDs. Best-of collections. Literary magazines. TMLMTBGB. The 5 Oscar-nominated short films we saw last weekend. I am more likely to go for it when there's a set of things, rather than just one thing that one person recommends. Because I might not share tastes with that person. But if it's a compilation of different things that all have excellent qualities according to one person or many people, it is likely that I will either enjoy a majority, or find them thought-provoking. I love variety shows.

I guess I gain enjoyment from being patient and trusting that it's gonna be good when I get to the end. Especially from trust-worthy sources.

Hey! You are a trustworthy source! Got any recommendations of stuff you love??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home