If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Should have made more coffee

I was maybe going to start teaching a class with this new kids' play place in 90 minutes, but I just called them to find out that they decided not to start until next week. I feel a little wary... I mean I guess it can't hurt to teach one class a week, and make some extra money, but I'm definitely turned off their disorganization. Like, having SMB flashbacks. I'm so glad to be part of a well-established awesome organization. Sigh.

In other news, what is the deal, Home Depot on North Avenue?? How can you ALWAYS be out of whatever it is that I go there to buy? Hardware stores are so easy to love and I am beginning to hate them after every time I need to pick something up I go to my local place, which doesn't have what I need, and then another one, which is usually closed, and then to Home Depot, where I have a terrible experience getting helped by no one and scouring the enormous aisles for what I finally figure out they do not have. Whatever; by hookhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif or by crook, Roxanne has new yellow fenders securely attached.

Spring, thanks for showing up! Ben and I spent all day Sunday working on our bikes, getting them spiffy clean and tuned up. Adeline sat in the open window and meowed, and meowed, and meowed, and meowed! I wished that five-year-old Julia was there to sing the "You're Not Going Outside" song. Although I think her upset was less caused by the desire to go outside and more by the fact that she could see us but there was an impenetrable screen between us. She is such a people cat. She calmed down once we were back in the same room together.

Damn. I really want to make a totally indulgent website with one million pictures of Adeline, but I don't think Ben will let me, and the photos are on his camera. He is working with me on not becoming a crazy cat lady. So far the most crazy cat lady-like thing I do is obsessively watch Cute With Chris. But really that's less about the cats and more about Chris.

2 Comments:

At 4/09/2008 10:52 AM, Blogger betsyjane said...

I definitely think you could be a cat lady... but the only quality you possess is the cat. With Ben's help we can avoid the white clogs etc.

Hey, how come no one comments anymore??? I am trying to restrain myself, thinking that getting comments from ants is cramping your style!! but there haven't been many comments and so I can no longer abstain from commenting...

 
At 4/09/2008 11:03 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Hooray for comments! I love them. My style is uncramped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home