If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Gallery Cafe

I have found a new coffeeshop. All indicators of good coffeeshop present: free wifi, close to home, bold vintage decor, good music, tattooed yet friendly staff, clean, colorful and neat chalkboard menu, tasty sandwiches with creative names, couch, funky old coffee grinder in the front room. It's kind of dude-y though. Didn't notice that till I was here by myself. Ladies, have you ever had this experience of suddenly feeling very aware of your breasts? Like whoa, I'm the only one in the room with these wacky things. No? Okay, I'm just crazy.

It's winter again. That's comforting. Snow and everything. It's my favorite kind of day. Squinting a little in the sun, skin on my face feeling a little tight and very cold as I walk with my hands in my pockets. Seriously, it's been twice as many degrees as it is right now for about two months.

Okay coffeeshop, I was kind of digging this weird piano music you had going, but now it's a really bizarre piano and drums version of Iron Man. Is probably this. Check out the Iron Man sample. Very weird. Growing on me in an embarrassing way. It makes me feel like I'm sitting in the concert hall at Mac. And like Carltn Macy is down the row of seats, rocking out.

Seems like everyone has been traveling lately. Stories of Mexico, Thailand, Paris, Colorado. I can't wait for March.

This past week has been good. Things are good. Worked a lot, hit up Pub Quiz again with Aerin and Poppy, started taking some guitar classes at work, played in the big WW concert, made snickerdoodles using several new baking tools.

The WW concert was really fun. Betsy, Pat, Ryan and Maggie drove down from Milwaukee for the show, where I rocked some You Are My Sunshine and Peanut Butter and Jelly. Also did lots of harmonizing, face making, hand motions and hip shimmying. It was super fun to have my family there, and I was proud to show off my world. Betsy knew a lot about things already from reading them on this internet (Is that Emily Hrd? Is that who you interviewed with for WW? Is that the desk where you sit? Are those the earrings you made?) which was fun. They liked our apartment; our bed was jumped on, drums played, pears eaten, football watched. We went to John's Place for dinner. Everyone was pretty hilarious, especially the kids. "Daddy, can you read that word?" "Crayon-berry!" "It wasn't mine; I took somebody else's by mistake." We laughed a lot. What fun. Our fun was only slightly hindered by a messy incident just as they were getting ready to leave, in the form of a huge pile of dog poop conveniently left right in front of the door to their van. A few of us stepped in it, and it was everywhere, and totally rank. We gave them a garbage bag to enclose Maggie's boot and some of the car's soiled mats to hopefully keep their ride home a little more breathable. I hate those fucking trixies who are too rich to pick up their dog's poop and leave it everywhere to attract rats and ruin the shoes and carpets of innocent people. Seriously. It's really gross. Luckily Maggie saved the day with a hilarious joke and we all said goodnight.

I love visitors. Thanks to everybody who's made the trek recently. To everyone else: You are welcome any time!

Speaking of visitors, I got the pictures and recording from the night that my family came to see us perform at the zoo. They turned out great, and the live recording has already gotten us a gig booked for Valentine's weekend. Awesome! I am working on making a myspace page for myself, as I'm getting recordings together. It's screwed up right now but hopefully I'll get it running right soon. Check it out!

1 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 5:23 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

We had so much fun in Chicago. Thanks for showing us the sights, sounds AND SMELLS of your life.

Boots are cleaned...but those car mats...yuk!! They're in the garage!! We'll do some major Shampoo cleaning in the spring. Dog Poopy is very yukky. I feel as though Steve Martin has broken up with my van!!

Love your house!! Your place of employment!! Your neb reldnahc!!

Thanks Again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home