If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



on stuff

Rereading some of these posts, I have noticed that I have been emphasizing Stuff a lot lately. Meaning that with the holiday gifting and getting and losing and replacing I think I have been overly focused on material things. This concerns me. On the other hand, I feel that the reason I'm focused on them is that I hardly ever have new things, and I am genuinely delighted to have some nice new stuff. Also I really like to make lists, and to be complete about things I don't want to forget. In the reviewing of my Christmastime I didn't want to leave them out. I don't want to be a braggart or a materialist though, so I'm sorry if it came across that way.

In any case I should try to focus on more important things, like finding songs besides Son of a Preacher Man to sing at karaoke bars. It's embarrassing because while I felt rock-solid crooning those 40's tunes in front of a band at the zoo, I always feel like I can't find anything good in the karaoke lists. There are too many songs I don't know at all, or not well enough, or I can't remember the bridge, or what if it's not in my range, or what if I don't sound as awesome on THIS song as I could sound on another song.... I suppose that's just pride. I gotta give a lot of credit to the folks who can't carry the tune as strongly and don't even think about range or verses or anything, who just know they like to sing along to that one part of the chorus, so they get up on stage and do it. Good job, that guy. You're on stage having fun while I'm trying to plug one ear thinking, "How the hell does the middle part of One Way Or Another go??"

2 Comments:

At 1/04/2007 9:22 AM, Blogger j said...

the bridge always kills me. i have the embarassing habit of finding a song i like that i think is in my range, downloading it from itunes, and then listening to it on repeat while singing along until i'm sure i can do it right. that's right, i rehearse for karaoke...

 
At 1/04/2007 11:44 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thank you Jana. I was already considering taking up that embarrassing habit, and now I feel justified in doing so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home