If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



Thanks

--to the fine chefs at Meli who made me a perfect brunch this morning. I had delicious coffee and an omelet with smoked gouda, bacon, avocado and tomato. I have had some disappointing brunches the last few times I went out and this one hit the jackpot.

--to whoever decided to put my current skin-care products on sale at the Jewel and thus allow me to discover them. It took fifteen years but my face is finally clear and healthy! Also maybe this means I'm officially not a teenager?

--to the kids in my voice class who did a wonderful job at our graduation performance on Thursday, and to their parents, the strangers in the hallway, various staff members, the director of children's programming, the director of all class programming and the executive director of the school for coming to hear them.

--to Adeline for being really extra cute.

--to the people whose birthday party I was supposed to play at today. It was lame of you to not pay, not call anyone back, not respond to emails, and otherwise back out of the contract so that we had to cancel, but I'm pretty grateful to have a whole day without any obligations, especially before a busy week.

--to Miki and It's A Girl for the opportunity to compose and play an oboe duet horn part.

--to C0me Sunday for making the music I never know that I need until I get to rehearsal. In the words of Sue, "everyone could use this music." Ahem come to our show on Thursday at Space!!

--to Santos and the great guys at the mechanic shop for being super nice and fixing our brakes so as to render our car a death trap no longer.

--to Tomoko for finding a non-painful way to do pigeon pose.

--to Andrea for a late night walk.

--to kids.

--to everyone who's ever given me a mix CD.

--to the Proto Punk Ensemble for giving Ben an opportunity to rock out, and to Ben for bringing the rock.

--to the inventors of beer, coffee, chocolate, the internet, the bicycle, and the banjo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home