If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



dudes, it's been forever

I haven't had the urge to blog for a long time.

Isabel visited. It was kind of bittersweet and fun. We went to Selmarie, ate freezer steaks and hung out with Taavo, Ben and Kiki.

I got invited to be part of an experimental kind of movement installation thing at the Cultural Center. Taavo is in it, and they needed a vocalist to provide some background music, and he was awesome and gave them my name. More info to come.

Some more performances with Congrss of Starlings coming up.

Fun with Ben. Saw a Science of Sleep preview. Went to Handlebar. Brunched at the Breakfast Nook. Hung out at Filter watching people in the rain.

Hung out with Emily. What's better than that. Oh I know. Hanging out with Emily and her brand new puppy Hank. And that's what I did.

Altered some clothes to fit better. Now a skirt that had become too big is a little tighter than it should be. Oh well-- it's the style at the time.

Did I tell you that I wrote a good song? It led to a two hour conversation with Miki at work. He runs the cafe and is twice as old as me, and our different perspectives made for lots of interesting insight. I like him.

Went to Will's with Ben. Will's is the Packers Bar. It's super fun. We ate free cheeseburgers and drank Point Special on tap and wore green and gold and cheered and shouted with everyone. Ran into a friend from middle school, a former coworker of Ben's and a friend of Emily's. Packers lost but otherwise it ruled.

Speaking of losing. Well first of all speaking of winning. Twins clenched the division. It was awesome. Ben was grinning nonstop for three days. Then today, they lost to the A's. Ben is now ultimately sad. Girls may have PMS but boys have to be die-hard sports fans. This is a gendered stereotype, but I don't care.

That's the word.

4 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 9:32 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

I've seen it myself. Although I see it as a phenomenon that can be found in all packer/sports fans, male or female. The entire mood/spirit of the state of Wisconsin can shift depending on a great win or an awful loss by the Packers. It's a collective joy/sorrow that permiates the rest of the day or even week.

What's the word??

 
At 10/03/2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...


That's the word, I suppose.


Do you have cable? Steven Colbert is a reason to get cable. I only watch shows on cable. And those shows are Good Eats, Mythbusters, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. I don't need any other shows.

 
At 10/04/2006 7:27 AM, Blogger Ryan and Max's Mama said...

Lindsay! I love Good Eats and Mythbusters! Too bad I don't have cable...if you are looking for new cable shows, I recommend Ghosthunters (if you're into that sort of thang) and Battlestar Galactica (again, if you're into that sort of thing)...

I guess I'm just a nerd. :)

Later!

 
At 10/05/2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Joannie said...

So, tell us about the new song....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home