If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



All through the night

This morning I woke up and realized that I had not once woken up in the middle of the night coughing. First time in about a week. My sickness has been gone but my throat has been healing. Hip hip hooray for healing!

The weekend turned out to be good and full. After work on Saturday I went out for dinner with Molly at the Handlebar, where I am becoming a regular, and then went to Danny's with her and some friends for her roommate's birthday. I was excited to be invited because I never go out dancing, although I do have fun. The place really filled up while we were there, and the people brought tons of cigarette smoke with them. So much that I had to leave. It was like when you're camping and sitting by the campfire, and the smoke keeps blowing in your face but you try to patiently wait it out, and then you finally realize that you're in the smoky seat and you can't breathe and it's time to get up and move RIGHT NOW. So I went home a little early, but it was fun while I was there.

Then on Sunday I got brunch with Meara and Alan at Lula, and it was amazing, because it was brunch at Lula. Afterwards Meara and I shopped till I dropped, and then a little bit more. I'm not so good at shopping all day. But I did find some nice fall clothes at a resale shop. Took the train out to Duke's, where our gig was postponed due to the fact that there was a Bears game on and the bar was packed with fans. Eventually we did play a couple of short sets, and Ben showed up and drove me home.

I've been picking up a lot of work shifts to help pay for our upcoming trip to Seattle. Ben and I are going out there for most of a week in October, and I'm really looking forward to it. We were talking about doing some camping in the mountains, but we're now rethinking that because we may not have proper rainwear for Seattle in the fall. Still, it will be a good time, and we're going to go hiking, and see Brandon's show, and play with little Owen, and drink perfect lattes. I think it will be worth it that I had to miss the season premiere of Heroes when I picked up a work shift Monday night. Thank heaven for TV on the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home