If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



WinterTF?

Cold! And blizzardy! But sunny in between the snowstorms. October 12. Very weird. Very cold. Feels like 24 degrees. No heat on in the office yet. Very, very cold to sit still and try to type.

I'm going to be performing at the kids Halloween concert at work- I have to come up with five Halloween songs. I'm already planning on the 5 little pumpkins rhyme that I still remember from Curiosity Cornr. Anybody else out there know good ones?

Ben and I went to see my talented friend Emily perform last night at Davenport's. There were only three of us there, but it was still so awesome. She's incredibly talented and I found myself grinning, then welling up, then angry, then peaceful from song to song. I love her a lot. Today I went over to her apartment before work for coffee and then again at lunchtime to share our lunches. I love hanging out at her place. Her little puppy being extra cute doesn't hurt either.

Hearing Emily last night made me want to work on writing more songs. It also made me realize that it's damn time I get a piano. Christmastime = new keyboard. No question about it.

Other events you may have missed: Dinner at Feed with Abbey, Jess, Poppy, Ben, followed by Happy Village fun. Redmoon's production of the Twilight Forest or something, where Meredith helped create an enchanted environment by pushing huge walls around and talking in a little megaphone. It was neat but a lot to handle and a little too crowded and widespread.

Got my hair cut. By Brenna, my regular stylist who I haven't been to forever. It was a wonderful experience and I have a hot little haircut. My bangs are about one third as long as they were yesterday, and a little choppy. See: Chrissie's blogger photo. Getting my hair cut by Brenna also meant that I got to get my hair washed by Brenna's shampoo guy, Luigi. When I am a rockstar with a hundred albums and a fan club and a lucrative restaurant on the side I will hire Luigi to wash my hair every day. Holy, holy smokalies. Aint nothing like a head massage. Afterwards I was like, Haircut? Sure. Do whatever you want. I don't care. I'm good.

Now I must ask for your assistance. What should I be for Halloween? This is of utmost importance. I have to be something kid-friendly for the Spooky Singal*ng, but I also have been invited to a couple of parties where I could be something more grownup oriented. Any ideas?

7 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Good question on costume ideas. Eric and I have been invited to a Halloween Party or two this year so it took me forever to figure out something. Finally, I decided that I'll be Red Riding Hood with a little added sass to it. I'll send you pictures after the fact when I have a chance. Suggestions for you? Hmm, what about some kind of fairy or something? There are so many different kind of fairy costumes that you could come up with.... Do you have any suggestoins for Eric? I can't think of anything for him as far as costumes are concerned. I was thinking Mobster/Gangster but it's not very creative.... Let me know.

Best of luck in trying to find a costume!!

 
At 10/12/2006 8:20 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

Eric should be the big bad wolf. You can rent the head and hands...Pat went as that for Halloween in 1989. I was supposed to be red riding hood, but I got really sick!!!

Lindsay, You should dye your hair black and be snow white, "with your skin white as snow." for the kid party, and then a goth princess for the adult party. I bet you look great with black lipstick and fingernails.

That's all I can say...Grey's Anatomy is on RIGHT NOW!!!

 
At 10/13/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Joannie said...

"The ghosts come out on Halloween, on Halloween.
Up high and low and all around, on Halloween"

(The witches, the vampires, etc., whatever the kids shout out) I'd have to sing the tune. It's in minor key)

 
At 10/13/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Betsy- you're right on. Eric's gotta be the Big Bad Wolf. And Snow White is a great idea; I think this might be a good year for a wig.

 
At 10/15/2006 1:36 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

Thanks for your suggestions for costumes for Eric...

He REALLY DOES NOT want to be the Big Bad Wolf - as much as it is a good idea, I won't force him to dress up as that. It needs to be something that he will agree on. Oh well, again, thank you for your suggestions. He is thinking of going as an Italian (go figure!!) Gangster/Mobster. He has a pin stripe suit, just need to get him a really cool hat, a cigar and a fake gun (maybe on the last item...)

 
At 10/09/2011 3:32 PM, Blogger - said...

Hi - Sorry to resurrect such an old post (although it is that time of the year), but would you know if this song you mentioned has a title/artist?

"The ghosts come out on Halloween, on Halloween.
Up high and low and all around, on Halloween"

(The witches, the vampires, etc., whatever the kids shout out) I'd have to sing the tune. It's in minor key)

 
At 10/11/2011 8:31 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I don't know the author of that song but it's a great hit with kids.... I'd be happy to sing it for you over the phone. I'm three one two nine zero nine one nine seven seven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home