If I Only Had A Blog

I could while away the hours, conferrin with the flowers, consultin with the logs. And my head I'd be scratchin while my thoughts were busy hatchin if I only had a blog. I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in fog. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin, I could be another Lincoln if I only had a blog. I would not be just a nuffin, my head all full of stuffin, my heart all full of smog. I would dance and be merry; life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a blog.



ew

I'm kind of sick.

I'm on the couch. I'm very achey and uncomfortable. Everything is bright and loud and extremely irritating. At first, when I started feeling bad, I thought I was just hungover.

Because on Thursday night I spend hours and hours with Andrea, and eventually she came to my hood, and we went to Rodan and drank martinis, and then we came back to my house where Ben was sleeping soundly, and we drank a bottle of wine, and took sixty pictures of ourselves with Ben's computer, and talked and talked and talked the night away, and then at about 6am I gave Andrea a haircut while she played with my makeup. Around 6:30 I put Andrea to sleep on the couch and went up to bed. I slept till 1pm; Andrea had already left.

Let me just say I don't know what the hell happened. It was totally out of control but it was So. Much. Fun. We had just the greatest time.

Friday I felt tired and headachey and really out of it, but not nauseous or really sick. I met with Ginger about the movement piece, I computered in a coffee shop, I sang as part of the Chuck Berry/Buddy Holly tribute concert at work, in a big rockin' group covering the Blind Faith cover of the Buddy Holly tune Well All Right. It was excellent fun. I ate some barbecue and biked home and went to sleep at 10:30.

Saturday I had to work 9-5. I woke up, biked back to work. It was a slow day at the desk and I felt TERRIBLE. So terrible. Out of it, tired, headache, foggy, gross. I went home early. At first I thought I was having a bizaare second day hangover, but then I started to think I was just actually sick for realz. I got home and napped. I showered and put on fresh clothes and Ben talked me into going out for dinner with Mike, which was pretty fun. We went to this little Italian restaurant. Afterwards, we knew two people who were throwing housewarming parties. Both people are kind of just becoming friends, and I had really wanted to go to the parties before I was feeling terrible, so we decided to just stop by. First Lauryn, who I work with, who has an awesome loft in Old Town, and then Margaret, who knew Abbey from study abroad and who just moved to Ukie Village close to us. Lauryn's was pretty chill, and we stayed maybe a little too long before heading to Margaret's. Margaret and her boyfriend had gotten a keg, and they wondered aloud if they had gotten too much beer, which of course Ben and Mike interpereted as a challenge to finish the keg. They didn't end up finishing it, but since I had to drive them home I ended up having to stay out much later than I had wanted to while they diligently sipped from red cups.

So I didn't get a full night's sleep, and then today I had to work all day again. 9-5 Saturday and Sunday! This all-weekend working business was part of the urge to have extra super fun on Thursday night, but it looks like that was in fact not a good idea. Today at work, again, it BLEW. I went and bought vitamin C juice and Day Quil and drank a jillions of water, and waited and waited for the day to be over. Even the wondrous internet held no joy for me. I just listened to M. Ward and waited for 5.

I came home and got under blankets and turned on TV. I have watched a Michael J. Fox True Hollywood Stories show and Mythbusters and Comedy Central's Autism Benefit show. The TV is full of crap.

To top all this off, for dinner Ben was just going to throw in this frozen pizza we got at Trader Joe's. It looked yummy, with artichoke hearts and mushrooms and sundried tomatoes and blue cheese. Well guess what: it was NOT YUMMY. It was in fact TERRRIBLE TASTING. I am not a very picky eater and like most things, but this pizza, I could not even eat. And it took forever to cook, and we had waited so patiently; We threw the whole thing away. Ben and I talked about going to Trader Joes with stickers that say TASTES BAD and putting them on all these fucking gross pizzas. And probably also on the mayonnaise. Also does not taste good.

So as you can tell: I am a WHINY SICK BITCH! I'm washing down some ibuprofin with this tea and going to bed.

2 Comments:

At 10/16/2006 12:08 PM, Blogger j said...

hurrah for whiny, sick bitches! i have a lingering cold that is just enough to make me feel a little bit cruddy most of the time. boo. hope you feel better soon, lindsay!

 
At 10/18/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger betsyjane said...

Hope you're feeling better. You may learn, as I did, that as you age, the draw backs to getting drunk start to out-weigh the benefits/fun of drinking.

But, some lessons you have to learn yourself. Perhaps you were really just sick. (But I've also found that drinking lowers my body's ability to fight off virusses)

Did I ever tell you that I am really good at playing quarters. I roll it off my nose and make it almost every time. (or atleast I used to be able to...I don't seem to do it very well when I'm sober)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home